Casual Monday Outfit

1.25.2016









Sweatshirt: Loft Vest: Old Navy
Leggings: Lululemon Shoes: Nike

The perfect outfit for running errands, going to class, or even just lounging around your house.  Let's be honest, no college student has time to get all dressed up every day, but I love mixing workout clothes and everyday clothes because it makes you feel sporty and productive.

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to Great Wolf Lodge for Young Life's leader weekend.  While I was there I got to spend lots of time with my team, friends and growing in the Lord.  I thought I would give a brief recap of some of the things I feel like I'm learning right now.

1) I don't often realize my thirst.  We ALL have a great need to be in a relationship with the God of the universe but we don't realize it.  I think that I can fill that with myself, school, my family, or my boyfriend but I can't.  When I do that I'm only missing out on where Jesus wants to use me and filling myself up with things of this world.

2) I also came to the conclusion that while I hear the Holy Spirit, often times I ignore it or quiet it because thats not what I want.  I want to be bold, and trust that Jesus has to show up and that only comes when we listen when the Holy Spirit is speaking to us.  They used the illustration that the Holy Spirit is like a flashlight that shines behind us at all times, lighting up our view of Christ, how cool is that?? 

3) This weekend we sang a worship song I had never heard before but is was AMAZING! It's called "Good Good Father" by Chris Tomlin.  Over the past 24 hours, a few lines in the song keep repeating over and over again in my brain.  It goes a little something like this:

"You're a good, good father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am"

I LOVE these lyrics because while it's such a basic concept, how often do I forget how good God is and that my identity is being his child.  He loves me because I'm Maddie, just like he loves you because you're you and he created you.  If you haven't heard it, you should check it out!!!

 For more pictures and updates on when I post, feel free to check out my Instagram page! The username is @clothewithloveblog

Love Always,
Maddie

1 comment

  1. Love this and YOU! Thanks for sharing what God is doing in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Clothe With Love
Made with Love by The Dutch Lady Designs